Digital Ethics. Web Design. Social Media. Big Data. We think every Salford student should graduate with a knowledge of the digital world.
Register as a volunteer, complete our specially selected online courses and improve your digital skills today!
There are two ways to get the bronze award.
1) Attend Two Relevant Digital Skills Workshops
2) Get The Award On LinkedIn Learning
Next, achieve silver by using your knowledge through volunteering.
Write two SSTARR reflections about when you used your digital skills while volunteering.
Reflect on two different skills from the skillset below.
e.g. One reflection on Office IT, one on Creative and design
Achieve the Silver Award!
|Digital Skills you can reflect on
IT, Computers and web skills
Office IT (Word, Excel, etc.)
Creative and design
Other skill, please state
How do I get my Certificate?
- You can download digital certificates directly from LinkedIn Learning when you complete each course within the bronze award learning paths.
- When you complete the criteria for an award, email email@example.com, and we will check your details
- We will issue digital certificates for our skills awards at the end of each semester.
How do I put it on my LinkedIn Profile?
- Each course within the Bronze Learning Path has the option to put an 'open badge' on your LinkedIn profile.
- This 'open badge' will contain a link to the course and the date that you completed it
- When you complete the course, you have the option to 'Add to Profile'
Is LinkedIn Learning free?
- Yes. LinkedIn Learning is free for all students and staff at the University of Salford.
I don't have a LinkedIn account! Can I still achieve the awards?
- Yes you can. You do not need a LinkedIn profile to access LinkedIn Learning.
- When you sign up to LinkedIn Learning, it will ask whether or not you want to link your account to a LinkedIn profile.