Who We Are:
WE'RE THE NORTH WEST CHARITY OF THE YEAR...
and we don’t accept that where you come from dictates where you are going in life!
For a decade, MYZ has been the place in North Manchester for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with additional needs) to raise their aspirations and enjoy healthier, happier lives. Here, they can try new things that will send confidence skyrocketing, reach goals that will set them up to chase their dreams, and make them feel great about themselves right now.
Bagging skills, mates for life and the resilience to live life to the full – that is what we are all about.
We’re a safe space open when schools are shut, where young people will always have someone who has their back.
What we do:
SOMEWHERE TO GO.A safe place that’s open when schools are shut. A place that’s got a warm welcome, a bright lively environment and somewhere young people can take part in positive activities, make new friends, learn new skills and have new experiences.
SOMETHING TO DO.We offer over 20 different activities per evening. Whether it’s having a roller disco, personal training in the gym, earning a bike by committing to our bike maintenance course or writing and performing plays, plus there’s a climbing wall, boxing gym, music room and much more in between!
SOMEONE TO TALK TO.From relationships with Youth Workers on session, to one to one support from volunteer mentors – every voice is heard. There’s a real emphasis on offering young people positive role models and supporting their needs.
Our Volunteer Creative Youth Workers help us to deliver arts and crafts sessions that bring young people together to celebrate creativity. They support young people’s creative skills and encourage them to explore new ideas through art to build their confidence, social skills and overall wellbeing.They support young people’s creative skills and encourage them to explore new ideas through the arts to build their confidence, social skills, and overall well-being. You can focus on one area, or contribute to different activities on different sessions, utilizing your unique skill-sets and helping you to develop new ones!
The Role Will Include:
• Helping to deliver sessions experimenting with different types of arts such as; drawing, painting, textiles, costume design, collaging, design technology, video editing, photography, podcasts ,playing instruments, recording and producing, dance, drama, vocal groups
• Encouraging young people to participate and enjoy their sessions
• Building positive relationships with young people across the youth zone
• Working collaboratively with the Arts Coordinator and other members of staff to support the delivery of sessions
• Supporting young people with additional needs
• Acting as a positive role model for young people
• Promoting an inclusive culture where all young people are listened to, valued, and cared for
Minimum commitment level: Once a month
Start Date: 29-01-2023