EMERGE 3RS (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) is a sustainability-focused charity which seeks to benefit both the natural environment and local communities, with its main focus on reducing and, ultimately, eliminating waste. Our community work is aimed at helping people who are disadvantaged and require multiple areas of support.
We are seeking a reliable individual (or individuals) to assist us in supporting our teams of volunteers who work across our three projects: FareShare Greater Manchester, EMERGE Recycling and Touch Wood, as well as our parent charity, EMERGE 3Rs.
With your organisational skills, you’ll assist the Volunteer Management Team in the administration of our volunteer programmes and help us with the day-to-day operation of the office.
We operate three initiatives:
* FareShare Great Manchester - the regional hub of national charity FareShare UK, which redistributes overstocked food to community initiatives and food banks, diverting it from polluting landfill
* Touch Wood - our reclaimed wood workshop, which takes wood destined for landfill or incinerators and prepares it for resale or upcycles it into crafted items
* EMERGE Recycling - a pioneering recycling social enterprise
The volunteer administration support role is one of the broadest ranging opportunities we have on offer; being a blend of many working practices, from general administration to assisting with recruitment. You will be working with a diverse range of individuals, from many different types of backgrounds and circumstances, so a friendly attitude and an interest in helping people are advantageous traits for applicants.
Typical tasks include:
* Answering and redirecting phone calls and greeting visitors
* Data entry
* Assisting with monitoring information
* Assisting with preparation of induction sessions
* Undertaking routine tasks, e.g. photocopying, laminating
* Preparing information packs
* Maintaining supplies of flyers and forms used for volunteer recruitment
Organised and reliable
Comfortable speaking in person and on the phone in a polite, clear and friendly manner
Strong computer skills; particularly familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Accuracy and attention to detail
Good standard of personal presentation
A friendly, inclusive and supportive environment
Attainment / development of a wide range of CV-enhancing transferrable work skills, from admin procedures to interpersonal skills
The opportunity to support a great cause and give something back to your community
Reimbursement of lunch costs and local travel expenses
Work reference available after 3 months in the role
ou will be required to complete introductory sessions before you are confirmed in the role.
GETTING TO US
We are just a 15 minute bus ride from Manchester Piccadilly, with our brand new base, Maynard House, located on new Smithfield Market, which is only a few yards off a main arterial route into the city, Ashton Old Road.
The market site can be easily reached by a number of bus services, with the 219 being the most frequent.
If travelling to us by car, please be aware that many satnav systems wrongly direct drivers to the rear of the market site. Instead, please enter by the main gate on Whitworth Street East (off Ashton Old Road). There is plEnty of free parking on site.
There is a bus stop immediately opposite the main entrance to the market.
Minimum commitment level: Once a week
Start Date: 12-09-2022
Start Time: 09:00 AM
End Time: 05:00 PM