Before you make a decision on booking a room or technical equipment, please read our Terms and Conditions:
Booking a Space
- Bookings must be made at least a week in advance of the booking date, otherwise we cannot guarantee we will be able to arrange this.
- Please make sure confirmation of numbers is given to the events team. We cannot be responsible for overcrowding of an event in this instance, if an event is deemed to breaking health and safety regulations, the Students’ Union reserves the right to cancel an event before or during it.
- Please make sure you make all your room requirements known on enquiry, if furniture needs removing or setting up, or assistance needs to be provided out of office hours we cannot guarantee this will be able to be completed if requested on the day. This may incur a charge if a request is made.
- We would expect our spaces to be left in the state that they were given to the hirer. If the space is left in an unsatisfactory state, the Students’ Union reserves the right to incur a charge for cleaning.
- Use of personal electrical equipment for events is prohibited by the Students’ Union unless agreed by the Events Team prior to the event.
- All electrical equipment brought on site must have an in date PAT testing certificate on it. Failure to do so may mean rejection of bookings in the future, and the Students’ Union reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event if this is not adhered to.
Catering for Events
- Only food prepared on site by the Atmosphere kitchen staff can be used for any events in Atmosphere. This is in line with our Health abd Safety and Food Hygiene policies. Any food brought on site without our prior knowledge will be subject to the Students’ Union disciplinary procedure. For external bookings this may also incur a charge.
- Any food if agreed to be brought on site, must have the necessary dietary information provided and must be accompanied by a food safety certificate provided by the caterer. In this instance, the Students’ Union reserves the right to remove food from an event and/or cancel or postpone the event for the safety of attendees
- No drinks purchased off site are to be consumed in any of Atmosphere's spaces. Atmosphere operates as a commercial space and must adhere to all licensing and Health and Safety regulations. Failure to comply will result in either; hirer subject to the disciplinary procedures followed by the Students’ Union; a fine incurred to the hirer. The fine, to be decided by the Students’ Union, will depend on the severity of the offence; the hirer being subject to prosecution in line with licensing laws outside of the Students’ Union control. The Students’ Union also reserves the right to end the event.
- Catering bookings must be made 2 weeks in advance of the date. This is to ensure we are able to provide the items requested. Any later than this we cannot guarantee the booking itself or whether the items will be available.
- Dietary or religious requirements must be discussed with the Events team upon enquiry. The Students’ Union cannot be held responsible for any complaints in regards to dietary requirements if this has not been mentioned in the initial enquiry.
- Numbers for any catering bookings must be confirmed at least a week in advance of the event date. If substantially different to the original requested number, the Students’ Union reserves the right to cancel or alter the arrangements of the booking in discussion with the hirer.
- All bookings must be made through the Students’ Union events booking form. You must accept the terms and conditions of hire.
- When terms of hire have been accepted the hirer is wholly responsible for the care and return of the equipment.
- A 50% of the hire fee must be paid in the form of a deposit for the hire of equipment. This will then be used as part of the payment balance in the satisfactory return of equipment.
- The Students’ Union implores any users of equipment to use the health and safety and setup guidelines provided with the equipment. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of future bookings and in some instances may incur costs if damage occurs.
- In the event of damage or loss of equipment the hirer will be responsible for the reimbursement of any loss or repair costs to equipment and the deposit will be used towards this and the full hire balance and any costs on top of this will be itemised on invoicing. The Students’ Union reserves the right to judgement on the condition of equipment on return.
- Any equipment hired from the Students’ Union for a specified date must be returned by 11am the following day, unless agreed prior to hire with the events team. Failure to do so may incur extra hire charges and the hirer will be notified on invoicing.
- Any students found to be misusing equipment or are in breach of health and safety regulations may be subject to the disciplinary procedures outline by the Students’ Union.
- Any Internal or External hirers found to be misusing equipment or are in breach of health and safety regulations on sight, may be subject to fines incurred. This is by judgement of the Students’ Union and they reserve the right to refuse bookings in future.
- The hirer of equipment must show knowledge of the equipment and safe practices associated with this. The Students’ Union reserves the right to cancel or postpone a hire until the Events team are satisfied a responsible and knowledgeable user is present. This is to ensure the safety of the equipment and any persons near its usage.
- Any technical equipment hired within the Students’ Union may require technical assistance if the Events Team or Students’ Union feels this is necessary as the equipment is advanced or potentially dangerous. If this is the case, this may incur a charge for staff assistance.
- Any on-site bookings requiring technical assistance outside of office hours, may be subject to charges for assistance. The Students’ Union and the Events Team reserve the right to cancel or postpone an event if this service is deemed to be required and is refused by the hirer.
Payment & Cancellation
- An invoice will be emailed to the hirer after the booking is completed. Please allow up to 10 working days for this.
- The outstanding balance for any invoices must be cleared within 1 month of receipt of invoice. This is to be payed via BACS payment or by debit card at our Finance Office or over the phone.
- Any cancellations of hire, room booking or catering less than 7 days will be subject to paying 100% of the original agreed hire fee.
- Any cancellations of catering less than 14 days to booking will be subject to paying 50% of the original agreed catering fee.
- The Students’ Union reserves the right to cancel or postpone any booking if its feels that any of the policies outlined are not adhered to. This can be done any time prior or during a booking.
If you have any questions or issues with the terms and conditions outlined, you can discuss these with our events team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your query and we will get back to you as soon as we can.