Download as a PDF
This role is to support the Chair of the club, if the Chair is ever unavailable or away you will take up their responsibilities. It is important that you have a good understand of all sides of the club as you will likely be leaned on by other committee members for your opinion on key topics.
The Vice President/Secretary is normally responsible for a good proportion of the administration of the group, as well as running a number of the club’s big events such as the AGM and Club Trials. Overall, they are vital to the day to day running and future development of the club.
Personal skills required
- Communication skills
- Organisation and time management
- Good writing skills (for minutes and emails)
- Vision of development for the club
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Provide committee details forms to the Club Sport Coordinator
- Arrange meetings and book (accessible) rooms or venues
- Maintain up to date membership records including the online group signup list
- Be aware of key dates for your group throughout the year
- Be aware of any rule / league changes ahead of your club’s fixtures / season.
- Manage the club email account (get the password and username)
- Keep minutes of meetings as necessary
- Communicate regularly with your members - let them know what’s going on
- Organise the Annual General Meeting
- Organise club trials
- Know everything the chair does, and support them every step of the way
- Stand in for the chair if they are unavailable