Download as a PDF
Responsible for ensuring socials are a fundamental part of being part of the club. Whether these are evenings out, weekends away, or just a meal at someone’s house, your members will get to know each other better and enjoy themselves more. A social club is normally a happy club, socials are a great way to break down barriers between old and new members.
Personal skills required
- An eye for a good time
- Creative thinking
- Motivating volunteers
- Understanding of inclusion issues
- Passion for both sober and drinking socials
- Highly personable
- Respect of member's personal values (e.g. not drinking)
- Well respected by club members
- Organise a wide range of socials – don’t just think about drinking related socials!
- Reflect the diverse nature of the student body – this will increase your membership and ensure events are accessible to all
- Provide a structured plan of socials throughout the year
- Remember – initiations are not permitted!!
- Ensure everyone has a great and safe experience
- Improving club morale, uniting the club and breaking down cliques
- Bringing the club members together, especially in-between trips, competitions and training