Thankyou for your interest in becoming a school rep for the 2018/19 academic year. School Reps ensure that student issues and concerns are raised and dealt with at an appropriate level. They work with Reps and with their Sabbatical Officers to improve the student experience for those studying within their School.
School Reps gain demonstrable experience in key employability skills including communication, organisation and planning, event management, digital engagement, negotiation and many more. Ultimately, you'll be making a positive impact on the experiences of your peers and future students within your School.
- They build relationships with senior staff in their school and in the Students’ Union.
- School Reps will be expected to have good interpersonal skills, the ability to critically appraise and analyse data, be outgoing, and have a good understanding of the issues facing students within their school.
- Full training will be provided.
- Training and development opportunities throughout the year
- Incentives and rewards for participating in events throughout the year (e.g. vouchers etc)
- Exposure to senior decision makers with the Union
- Acting as the representative for your peers
- Access to £5,000 Library champion budget to request books for students
We are currently looking for students from the following schools in the University:
- Art & Media,
- Computing, Science & Engineering
- Environmental & Life Sciences
- Salford Languages,
- Business & Law,
- Health Sciences,
- Health & Society,
- Built Environment.
This is a voluntary and unpaid position
Original closing date: 16th November
Applications are still being accepted for vacant positions until all are filled
Download role information pack